Morning, Round rock! Your host Meagan Falcon, here.
Let’s start this Thursday with everything you need to know in town today.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
The winds subside and cool. High: 63 Low: 38.
A cooler air mass sets in for the end of the week before temperatures change over the coming weekend. Another cold front is expected to pass through the area from Sunday evening through Monday morning, with a chance of rain generally expected along and east of the Interstate 35 corridor.
Here are the best stories today at Round Rock:
- The holidays are back Round rock. And to celebrate, the city is offering three incredible nights of Christmas lights for aAnnual Light Up the Lake event in December. (Round Rock Patch)
- According to a recent study, Austinians pay the most for household bills than anyone in Texas. (KXAN.com)
- The part of Chisholm Trail located south of RM 620 will be reduced to one lane every evening from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. from November 17 to 19. (Town of Rocher Rond)
- More than 500,000 people moved to Texas in 2019, and most were Californians, according to a Austin American-Stateman) who analyzed Census Bureau data. Californians revealed that cheaper homes and room to grow were the reason they were moving to Austin. (
- Governor Greg Abbott asks the Texas Education Agency to Investigate School Books Containing ‘Pornographic’ Stories. He asks the agency to refer any case of pornography supplied to minors under the age of 18 for prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. (Austin Patch)
today Round Rock Daily is offered to you through Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today at Round Rock:
- Nuits du Beaujolais – Arts and Culture of La Roche Ronde. (5 p.m.)
- Auditions Dragonette – 1100 Petit Gym & Dance Studio. (5 p.m.)
- Pavement Impact Fee Public Hearing – Town of Round Rock. (6 p.m.)
- City Council Meeting – Town of Round Rock. (6 p.m.)
Round Patch Rock Notebook
- Round Rock, Texas – City Government: “There’s nothing like being home to America’s largest indoor water park!” ï¸ “(Facebook)
- Round Rock Area Service Center: âHoliday Bazaar Pizza Party !!! ð ð Families welcomeâ¨ Fill the shops with holiday merchandise. Please join in the fun and festivities as we sample food and drink to get the shops ready for the Holiday Bazaarâ (Facebook)
- Round Rock Public Library: “Places are filling up quickly for our fully virtual #TikTok workshop for beginners!” You don’t know how or where to start? Want to create cool content? Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/210692656407 “(Facebook)
- Round Rock Kiwanis Club: “Thank you Laura and Shannon for visiting us today at Platinum Resort, a retirement home in Georgetown.” (Facebook)
- Round rock arts: “Stop by and see us at the Downtowner Gallery!” We are open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday to Friday. “(Facebook)
- Round Rock ISD Partners In Education Foundation: âOur wonderful partner and supporter, Smile Doctors of Lake Creek and Cedar Park, has a special vacation deal over Thanksgiving and the Holidays. $ 1,000 off Braces or Invisalign by contacting them now!â (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are all taken for today. I’ll see you soon! If you notice these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
Your friendly neighborhood journalist,
Meagan covers local news for Patch in Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander and Pflugerville.
About Meagan: I was born and raised in Corpus Christi and spent three years covering the latest news and things to do in South Texas before moving to the Austin subway. When I’m not reporting the news, I’m reading a good book, tending to my garden, and spending time with my puppy.I’m new to the green thumb, so if you all have any gardening tips I’d love to.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Round Rock Daily? I’m all ears. You can reach me at [email protected]
Quote of the day:
“If you don’t conquer yourself, you will be conquered by yourself.” – Napoleon Hill